Welcome From Mama Bee

Thanks for dropping by The Hive!

We work to weave our homeschool days around our faith, our subtropical climate, and our coastal landscape.

Hopefully this will provide a small spot for our family and friends to follow along with our traveling, gardening, and homeschooling adventures!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Form Drawing with Dragons!

I've been buzzing around about an idea to compose a Dragon Form Drawing Block. Why yes Honeybun...I do loose sleep at night dreaming up this stuff!


I'm quite pleased to report that I found an excellent variety of forms on Eugene Schwartz's site:



I've gotten as far as thinking that we need to have maps of the caves where the dragons live:























Then, the entrances to the caves will need to have a 'magic symbol' drawn correctly on the rock wall before they will open:
















And, I was even thinking that some mirroring forms would work well to draw the dragon's wings:















If I develop this any further, I'll be sure and write about it here! For more information about Form Drawing, be sure to go to Eugene Schwartz's site. My worker bees are 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade, so this isn't for beginners!


Take Care!


Mama Bee

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the link, and the great ideas. I just need to dive into form drawing.

MamaWestWind said...

Hi! Wow, I can't believe it but it looks like we live in the same town. ? I belong to the Waldorf School Online group and saw your post and blog address. I've been looking to find someone in my area who is interested in Waldorf. Anyway, please come and visit me at our blog. www.chocoeyes.blogspot.com