Welcome From Mama Bee

Thanks for dropping by The Hive!

We work to weave our homeschool days around our faith, our subtropical climate, and our coastal landscape.

Hopefully this will provide a small spot for our family and friends to follow along with our traveling, gardening, and homeschooling adventures!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Luminaries Festival 2008

<

A really great thing about the desert is all of the festivals! This was our third year to attend the luminaries festival. The Desert Botanical Gardens lines the paths with hundreds of luminaries...and Dear Reader, even with three worker bees in tow, I've found it to be a reverent, magical experience every time!

<

We like to walk along the lighted paths, listen to the local music, and sip hot cocoa in the lighted pavilions.

<

And if you get too cold, lots of open fires to get ya buzzing again!

Happy Advent to You and Yours!

Mama Bee

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I have to say the luminarias are on my (short) list of things I love about living here. Last Sunday the University lined all it's path with them, and we got to go take a carriage ride and look at them all.

Rachel said...

I have to say the luminarias are on my (short) list of things I love about living here. Last Sunday the University lined all it's path with them, and we got to go take a carriage ride and look at them all.